09 July 2009

34 weeks and still flippin' out


34 weeks now. As the baby grows, I'm slowing down. For the past 3 weeks, baby (or "Marshmallow" as we affectionately have been calling it) has been flipping usually 180 degrees just about every day from one transverse position to the other. Its been head down since Saturday morning and I thought, "whew, its finally settled into position." But OH NO! Yesterday, I was completely off balance, my belly feeling like it was going to burst due to baby turning again and feeling like it was wound up like a ball in my belly. I woke up this morning to the realization that its head was right by my ribs on my right side. Ugh.

I've been doing inversions all day today trying to get this baby head down. My first pregnancy was exactly the same timeline. I therefore know that it will happen soon, but its soooo uncomfortable to deal with - especially when trying to keep up with my 3 1/2 year old active son.

Other than that, I feel great! No swollen feet this go round like last pregnancy, no charlie horses, no tendonitis like last time in my hands, and no super energy losses. Not even sore feet! I truly think staying active daily, taking walks/hikes, and practicing kundalini prenatal yoga (which I'll write about soon) has truly assisted me with this pregnancy.

As for food, my food intake has been phenomenal and I give a lot of credit to that. I missed my green juices for 2 mornings in a row and really noticed a difference this week (I felt lethargic and digestion/elimination was very sluggish). I finally made 1 liter of green juice this morning of cucumber, celery, kale, granny smith apple and ginger and felt phenomenal all day. Its amazing what that does! So here's my daily food log:

Daily Food Today - Thursday July 9, 2009

Upon rising: 1.5 liters water

8:30am 1 liter green juice of 1 cucumber, 5 ribs celery, 8 kale leaves, 1 green apple and 1 inch nub
of ginger

9:00am glass of super raw almond-hemp mylk made with almonds, hemp seeds, cacao
(chocolate), maca, vanilla powder, and raw honey; then 2 or 3 (can't remember!) soft
boiled eggs about 20 minutes later (I really felt like I needed major protein this
morning and the eggs satiated that)

11:30am Raw macadamia nut dip (macadamia nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper) with
carrots, cucumber and celery crudite.

2:00pm Super-large salad of local organic field greens, 1 avocado, 1/2 cucumber, 1 large carrot
and dressing of raw apple cider vinegar, raw honey and olive oil. I would've added
hemp seeds to that if I thought of it at the time.

4:30pm A couple of raw chocolate truffles (cashews, cacao powder, cacao butter, vanilla powder,
goji berries, cinnamon). I keep these in my freezer and have a couple every few days.
Super yum. I also had a liter of green drink made with water and Vitamineral Green.

7:00pm Quinoa pie (2 big servings!) with fresh raw english peas- my secret recipe dinner pie of
quinoa and season vegetables and herbs. Recipe for this is being held for the
cookbook! My son even gobbles this one up (and its got a plethora of veggies in it!)

9:30pm red grapes - a bowl of 'em!

Having fruit for late snack before bed feels really good. If I have crackers or something cooked, I always wake up at night thirsty. By having a water-rich fruit, I feel satiated in both hunger and thirst.

I average 8 to 9 hours of sleep per night, getting up usually only once to urinate.

Tomorrow morning I'll make a big green juice and superfood smoothie for a day of hiking around the local farm and picking blubs (blueberries).

Next post I will write about superfoods, the nutrients they contain and what good they do for the body, especially while pregnant. If you have any specific questions, feel free to leave a comment and I'll answer them.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI ;-) Sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing your food diary. I lost 19 lbs from January to June with the Dysbiosis cleanse and have put a few back on with bread in my diet. Going back to wheat and dairy free...So, point is, this meal diary made my mouth water ;-)

So excited about Marshmallow!!! Wishing you a blissful birthing experience.

Love and Sparkles,

Azzie

elizabeth said...

Hi, this is amazing! i feel energized just from reading the ingredients for the green drink!
Try turning photos or images you often see in your home upside down.

happy sunny
elizabeth